Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
If your Surface product needs service, first, check to see if your Surface is registered. If is isn't, register it. Then, request service for your Surface online.
When you request service online, we'll check to see if your device is still under warranty. If it's out of warranty, you may need to pay a service fee.
You'll need to send your Surface to Microsoft for servicing. Before you do, take steps to prepare your Surface, like backing up your files and data.
When you get your Surface back from servicing, you'll need to take some steps to set it up again for use.
Before you begin requesting service for your Surface, there are some troubleshooting tips you can try, including running the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit to check for any issues you can resolve without servicing.
- Register your Surface product at Device service and repair
- Sign in to and out of your Surface
- How to prepare your Surface for service
- Using OneDrive on Surface
- Surface warranty: Frequently asked questions
- Surface warranty information
- Set up your Surface after service
- Walk-in Center information (for China and India)