Learn how to set screen time limits on your child or family member's Xbox and Windows devices. See how much time they have left for the day, give them more time, or decide time’s up. You can set limits on family.microsoft.com or on the Family Safety app.
To set screen time limits for your child on Xbox and Windows 10 devices:
1. Go to your family group and sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Find your child or family member's name and select Screen time.
3. Set the schedule for devices together or separately.
To use the same schedule for all devices, turn on Use one schedule for all devices.
To manage the schedules separately, scroll down to Xbox One and Windows 10 and switch them On or Off individually.
4. Select the schedule for each day, how much time your child has each day, and when they can use the device. By default, Max scheduled will be on, which means they can use the device for the full time range you've given them.
5. If you edit your schedule choices, select Add, and then select Save.
1. Tap on the family member that you want to set screen time limits for.
2. Tap on the screen time card or tap set limits.
3. Set limits for when and what days screen time will be available for your child or family member on Xbox or Windows 10 devices.
Note: Screen time limits will only be set if a device is connected. Learn more about connecting devices to family safety.
4. If you want to set limits across both Windows and Xbox, turn on Use one schedule for all devices.
Tip: If you set 4 hours of screen time for both Windows and Xbox using One Schedule, this means that your child or family member can choose how to use their four hours. For example, they can have 1 hour on Xbox and 3 hours on their Windows computer.
Note: Have your child sign out if they're not actively using their console. Screen time counts down only during the time a child is signed in