If your child is spending too much time on certain apps or games, you can set limits on that app or game to help them achieve a healthy balance. App and game limits are available on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, along with Android devices with Microsoft Launcher installed. Once you set a limit, that limit will work across all of their devices. (For example, if you give them three hours on YouTube, they can spend a total of three hours on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android.)
To set app and game limits, go to family.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then:
- Find your child's name and select App and game limits. (App and game limits aren’t available on adult accounts at this time.)
- Find the app or game you want to set limits on. If you’ve never set limits, it’ll show how often they use the app or game on average.
- Set how much time your child is allowed to spend on the app or game each day, and when they’re allowed to use it.
What apps and games are supported?
- On Windows 10, any app or game that's installed.
- On Xbox One, any app from the Microsoft Store. Any downloaded game from a disc or the Microsoft Store, too.
- On Android, any app or game that's installed.
Why do I see the same app or game listed more than once?
This should only be temporary. Sometimes, you’ll see an app or game listed more than once because your child has installed it on more than one platform.
We’ll try on our end to process the data so the same app or game is only shown once, but there may be a delay. In the short term, you can set a limit for each app or game until we have it resolved on our end.