- Have you ever used Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of those services is your Microsoft account. If not, it's easy to create a free account with your email address or phone number at account.microsoft.com.
- Your Microsoft account gives you access to apps and games from Microsoft Store, and lets you see your settings and other stuff across multiple Windows 10 devices. Read more about the benefits of Microsoft account.
Manage your account information online including recent activity, billing options, and family settings. Here's how:
Go to the Microsoft account page and select Sign in with Microsoft.
Enter your email address or phone number and password.
- To save your Microsoft account and password on your PC so that you don't have to sign in every time, select the Keep me signed in check box.
Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 device to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices. You can set up a new device with your Microsoft account, or if you already made a user account, follow these steps to add your Microsoft account:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts.
Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft account.
Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox One to unlock achievements, grow your Gamerscore, play your favorite games, and chat with friends across Xbox One, Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices.
- If you're just setting up your console:
- On the sign in screen, enter the email address you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After you've entered your email address, you'll be asked to enter your password.
- Sign in to another Xbox One console:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage, then select Add new.
- Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account, then enter your password.
- Review the privacy statement summary, then select Next.
- Choose your Sign-in and security preferences.
- Follow any remaining instructions, then select the Xbox button to open the guide, and select Home to return to the Home screen.