- Have you ever used Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of those services is your Microsoft account.
- If you don't already have a Microsoft account, it's easy to create a free account with your email address or phone number at account.microsoft.com. Select Sign in with Microsoft, and then select No account? Create one!
- Your Microsoft account gives you access to apps and games from Microsoft Store, and lets you see your settings and other stuff across multiple Windows 10 devices.
- Manage your account info online including recent activity, billing options, and family settings. Here's how:
- Go to the Microsoft account page and select Sign in with Microsoft.
- Enter your emaill address or phone number and password.
- To save your Microsoft account and password on your PC so that you don't have to sign in every time, select the Keep me signed in check box.
- To sign in to Outlook.com to access your Outlook, Hotmail, Live, or MSN email account:
- If you're looking to close your Microsoft account, see How to close your Microsoft account for steps.
Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 device to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices. You can set up a new device with your Microsoft account, or if you already made a user account, follow these steps to add your Microsoft account:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts.
Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft account.
Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox One to unlock achievements, grow your Gamerscore, play your favorite games, and chat with friends across Xbox One, Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices.
- If you're just setting up your console:
- On the sign in screen, enter the email address you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After you've entered your email address, you'll be asked to enter your password.
- Sign in to another Xbox One console:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage, then select Add new.
- Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account, then enter your password.
- Review the privacy statement summary, then select Next.
- Choose your Sign-in and security preferences.
- Follow any remaining instructions, then select the Xbox button to open the guide, and select Home to return to the Home screen.
- Sign in to Office from your web browser
- Go to office.com/signin
- Sign in with your personal Microsoft account associated with Office, or the username and password you use with your work or school account.
- After signing in, you're automatically signed in to online services like Office Online or OneDrive.
- Sign in to Office from an application
- Open an app, such as Word or Excel, and then open an existing file or create a new one.
- In the upper corner of the app's window, select Sign in.
- In the Sign in window, type the email address and password you use with Office, and then select Next.