Changes to Settings are not updated in the Preview window when you print in Microsoft Word
Consider the following scenario:
- You create or you open a document in Microsoft Word 2010 or later.
- You click the File tab, and then click Print.
- Under Settings, you change how the document prints. For example, you change the Pages Per Sheet setting.
There is no resolution or workaround for this issue. This issue only affects the Preview window.
Note When you click Print, Word sends the document to the printer by using the settings that you specified.
For example, you change the Pages Per Sheet setting to 2 Pages Per Sheet. The Preview window does not update this change. However when you click Print, Word sends the document to the printer to print 2 pages on 1 printed sheet.
You may experience these symptoms when you change the following settings:
- Page orientation
- Page ranges
- Duplex printing
- Black & white printing for black-and-white printers
Article ID: 982266 - Last Review: 09/24/2015 04:08:00 - Revision: 6.0
Word 2016, Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Word 2010
- kbprint kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB982266