How you update your Microsoft account depends if you're:
- an adult
- a child above the statutory age (13 in most regions)
- a child below the age of 13
Parents or any adult with permission to manage a child's account won't see an option to update a child's birthdate if the birthdate indicates the child is already above the statutory age. To update the birthdate for this account, the child must sign in using their own account and follow the steps for Adult accounts and accounts for children over 13.
Adult accounts and accounts for children over 13
- Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- From the navigation at the top of the page, select Your info.
- On the Your info page, select Edit date of birth.
Because you're accessing sensitive information, you may be asked to veryify your identity.
- Make your changes and select Save.
Accounts for children under 13
Only a parent or another adult with permission to manage that child account can update the birthdate for the account of a child under 13.
- Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your account on family.microsoft.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Your family page, select Manage my child's profile info.
- In the Manage permissions page of the child’s account you want to change, at the right, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
For help with age verification, see Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts.