Tips about gift cards and codes
Here are a few tips you should know before you get started:
- Both the Microsoft and Xbox cards work just the same. Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, you can spend your balance at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. You can get the latest apps, games, movies, TV shows, and Surface, Xbox, and accessories.
- Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores.
- You currently cannot buy Office 365 with a gift card.
How to redeem a gift card or code online
The easiest way to redeem a gift card or code is online. Sign in to microsoft.com/redeem with your Microsoft account, enter the 25-character code, and then select Next.
If you or your family have multiple Microsoft accounts, make sure you're signed in to the one to which you want to apply the gift card or code. Money can't be transferred from one Microsoft account to another and can't be converted from one currency to another. For more info, see Limits on the money in your Microsoft account.
Try signing in to your Microsoft account using an InPrivate browser session to clear all other Microsoft account info from the cache. See Browse InPrivate in Microsoft Edge for more info.
If you want, you can also redeem a card or code from Microsoft Store on a Windows 10 device or Xbox One console. For more details, go to the next section.
How to redeem a gift card or code from Microsoft Store on a Windows 10 device, Xbox One console, or Xbox 360 console
- For more info about Microsoft gift cards and codes, see Microsoft gift cards and codes and Microsoft gift cards terms and conditions.
- Get more info about how you can spend the money in your Microsoft account.
- See Microsoft gift card terms and conditions for more info about gift card refunds.
- Visit the Error & Status Code Search page to learn more about errors when you're redeeming an Xbox code.