You can set up a family member's account to require adult approval for the things they want to buy in the Microsoft Store—except for what they get with gift cards or money in their Microsoft account. Only organizers will be able to give approval. Here's how to set it up:
- Sign in to family.microsoft.com with an organizer's Microsoft account.
- Find the family member's name and select Spending.
- Under Ask to buy, switch Needs organizer approval to buy things to On.
- If you want to approve or deny their purchasing requests through email or on family.microsoft.com, switch Email me when they get stuff to On.
- Note: If you want to see your family member's past purchases, go to the Purchase history section. If you were charged for an unauthorized purchase, you may be able to request a refund.
If you want to set up purchase approval on the Xbox One, here's how:
- Sign in to the Xbox One with an organizer's Microsoft account.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then then navigate to Profile & system (your account icon) > Settings > Account > Family settings.
- Select Manage family members and then select the family member you want to manage.
- Select Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy > View details & customize > Buy & download, and then select On in the Ask a parent box. (Note: This can also be turned on by selecting Child defaults or Teen defaults after selecting Xbox Live privacy.)