If you’re having trouble adding or updating a payment option, try these steps to fix the problem:
- Follow any instructions in the error message.
- Retype your credit card number without spaces, commas, or other characters that aren't numbers.
- Check that the billing address, expiration date, and name listed for your payment option are correct.
- If you’re using a new payment option, check that it’s activated.
- Make sure you have enough money in your payment option's account to pay for your purchase.
- Make sure the payment option is authorized for online billing or automatic billing.
- Wait for a few days if you recently made several purchases within a short period of time.
- Check your order history or your account for any fraudulent activity.
- Contact your bank to find out why authorizations are failing.
- Try adding or switching to a different payment option.
If you need more help, Contact Support.
Article ID: 10622 - Last Review: 10 Aug 2016 - Revision: 4