If you're having problems with an app you got from Microsoft Store in Windows 10, here are some things you can try:
- Update Microsoft Store: Select the Start button > Microsoft Store . Select See more > Downloads and updates > Get updates. If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
- Repair and reset the app: Select the Start button > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Select the app that's not working, and then select Advanced options. On the page that opens with information about the app, select Repair. (Note: Some apps don't have this option.) If repairing the app doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: Select the Start button. In the list of apps, right-click the one that's not working, select Uninstall, and select Uninstall again to confirm. To reinstall the app, select the Start button > Microsoft Store > See more > My Library > Apps. Then select the app you want to reinstall, and select Install.
- Try running the troubleshooter for Microsoft Store apps. Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps.
- If you can't find Microsoft Store, see Trouble finding Microsoft Store in Windows 10. If you're having trouble launching Microsoft Store, see Microsoft Store doesn't launch. If you can launch the Microsoft Store but you are just having trouble finding or installing an app, see I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store.