If you're having problems with an app you got from Microsoft Store, here are some things you can try:
- Update Microsoft Store: Select the Start button > Microsoft Store . Select See more > Downloads and updates > Get updates. If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
- Repair and reset the app: Select the Start button > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Select the app that's not working, and then select Advanced options. On the page that opens with information about the app, select Repair. (Note: Some apps don't have this option.) If repairing the app doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: Select the Start button. In the list of apps, right-click the one that's not working, select Uninstall, and select Uninstall again to confirm. To reinstall the app, select the Start button > Microsoft Store > See more > My Library > Apps. Then select the app you want to reinstall, and select Install.
- Try running the troubleshooter for Microsoft Store apps. Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps.
- If you can't find Microsoft Store, see Trouble finding Microsoft Store in Windows 10. If you're having trouble launching Microsoft Store, see Microsoft Store doesn't launch.